The Frequency TV Managing Producer is both a visionary of the Frequency TV brand and mission, and an extraordinary leader tasked with overseeing all positions and aspects of Frequency TV. They communicate, organize, lead, and advocate both internally with Frequency staff, and externally with Columbia College staff, faculty, and community partners. Additionally, they will be at the forefront of developing content, and evaluating the relevance, effectiveness, and quality of Frequency TV content. The Managing Producer will still hold some responsibilities to participate in assignments, productions, and post production.
All applicants must be at least a second-semester sophomore, completed the core curriculum in their major and have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
● Must be a people person and a leader; providing guidance, direction, detail, and support when needed.
● Must be able to effectively communicate to coworkers, administrative and department partners, and volunteers.
● Must be self-motivated and be able to direct, manage, enforce, and reflect on responsibilities given to subordinate staff.
● Maintains a constructive, observant, and analytical criticism of content and operations.
● Must be a decisive decision maker.
● Must be impeccably organized and detail oriented.
● Must be able to manage multiple, ongoing projects.
● Must be a creative visionary, and able to design and implement executive goals and mission into Frequency TV’s work.
● Experienced in most areas of production.
● Must be able to handle multi-tasking and tight schedules
● Must have a flexible work schedule.
Technical Skills & Operations:
● Email and online communication systems
● Word processing software (Microsoft Office, Apple Pages, Google Drive, etc.)
● Video camera technical operation and shot composition
● Field audio mixer and microphone
● Adobe Premiere or other video editing software
● Adobe After Effects or other video compositing software
● Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or other photo and graphic compositing software