A Frequency TV production technician is the shooter for all major Frequency TV productions and focuses on camera work, lighting, and audio for both field and in-studio productions. They will occasionally step up to roles that include directing single camera, and multi-camera studio productions and other tasks
All applicants must be at least a second-semester sophomore, completed the core curriculum in their major and have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
● Must be experienced in camera work.
● Must be able to take creative direction and input creative elements for technical aspects of productions.
● Must be able to communicate directions and tasks for other production members (staff, volunteers, talent, etc.).
● Must be able to train volunteers on basic production tasks.
● Must have a basic understanding of lighting equipment and how to light talent.
● Must be able to work on multiple, ongoing projects.
● Must have a flexible schedule.
Technical Skills & Operations:
● Advanced video camera technical operation and shot composition
● Understanding of Audio recording, including field audio mixer and microphone
● Fundamental knowledge of lighting and shaping of light to produce flattering imagery.
● Basic knowledge of multi-cam studio production, or eagerness to learn these operations.
● Additional knowledge of other areas of video producing (pre-production, post-production) is a plus.